Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fritz - Poutine on Davie

I had heard great things about Fritz, so I figuured it was about time I checked it out. Fritz is on Davie, and open til 4am on friday and saturday where a good chunk of my friends go to eat after a night of partying downtown. When we got to Fritz for a later saturday lunch, we were the only ones inside. It's actually a take out place with no tables to eat at, which I figure is due to not wanting late night drunk drama inside. Charles and I decided to both order a large poutine as we were craving a good amount of grease for lunch. Everything was made fresh, and took about 5 minutes to cook. After sprinkling our poutines with black pepper, we went outside and sat on a bench on granville to eat. What I loved about the poutines is that they are layered. Fries, curds, gravy - then repeated. The cheese curds also stuck to the fries which was a plus. Only thing I didn't like was that some of the fries were overcooked, but overall a pretty good poutine. I found out there gravy has gluten, but celaics can substitute for itallian sauce instead of gravy, and that most of the dips are gluten free.

Check out the pictures below from my first Fritz experience.

Fritz Menu



Dip Options Available for $1 each. Curious how the parmasean peppercorn, indonesian peanut sauce and mango curry chutney would taste.



Large Poutine from Fritz, with black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment