Monday, July 5, 2010

Hell Pizza - Fusion Pizza

I was working on some power point presentations for SeaBus in North Vancouver this monday, and my mother suggested that we should go to Hell Pizza as they serve Gluten-Free pizza.  I have noticed a lot of places state they serve gluten-free pizza, but the majority do not ensure there is no cross contamination.  This place actually has a whole seperate area designated to gluten-free pizza, including seperate baking trays and gloves that go no where near the ones with wheat.  They offer gluten free pizza crusts for an additional cost of $2.50 for a snack size (7 inch), or $3.50 for a double (14 inch) which come from New Zealand.  I placed my order for a snack size Grimm Pizza with a Pelegrino after looking over their menu, which has a lot of unique items!  This place you can order such toppings including Andoullie, Tuna, Camembert, Cranberry Sauce, Mussels, Calamari, Satay Sauce, Pickles, Avocado, Apricot Sauce, Pine Nuts, Cashews, Refried Beans & Blue Vein Cheese to name a few. While waiting for the Pizza we played a few rounds of the Adams Family Pinball, and admired their devilish art.

Check out the pictures below from Hell Pizza.

Hell Pizza take on the last supper.


Part of the lounge/ eating area.  This place has a lot of devil and corpse like scupltures.


Where the pizza is prepared and ordered.




The Grimm Pizza in snack size.  This pizza had Chicken, Green Onions, Cream Cheese, Apricot Sauce, Rosemary and Pine Nuts.  I also topped it with dried chilli flakes and chilli sauce.  This pizza was pretty amazing.  I was curious how the topping would blend together as I had never had a pizza with apricots or cream cheese, but it went really good!  It was pretty sweet so I was glad I added the extra chillies as I like my pizza spicey!  It's also a thin crust pizza, but they curve up the crust to make it like a pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment