Monday, September 13, 2010

I really feel That I'm losing my best friend

How does one spend a gloomy rainy sunday in Vancouver?  By celebrating my mom's birthday!  I know I officially started celebrating the day before, but as her boyfriend was out of town and my brother is in Edmonton - I had to spend it with her!  The day started off with us meeting up at Pacific Centre to grab some poutines for brunch.  Once I eat one of these, it easily takes up as 2 meals for the day!  Probably good since it has so many calories - but it's her birthday so who cares about calories!  After that we walked around Coal Harbor and there were probably about only 10 other people out and about along the seawall.  You would think people in Vancouver would be used to the rain, but then again the rain usually keeps me in watching movies.  Speaking of which, we actually ended up going to see the Expenables.  Awesome movie!  I love seeing action movies in theatre, and I was wondering how this one would be with Stallone directing it.  He actually did a great job!

It was also day 26 of 45 Shoes 45 Days, and out of my remaining shoes left, none were appropriate to be walking around the city in the rain.  Well maybe some of my sneakers, but most were meant for when the ground is dry.  So I did what I had to and carried a pair of shoes with me that I could wear when I wasn't standing in a puddle.  I wore a pair of Keds sequined checker shoes in black & white - but also wore my pair of grey knee-high boots for when I was outside.  I also wore a Mexx blazer, Anonymous patent pants & a Zinc dress.  I really love this dress.  I originally purchased it when we had our Halloween party at Robeez and I was a maid.  I added some maid like accessories and it worked great.  Since then it has become one of my favorite dresses for the colder seasons.  Looks like the rain is leaving for a bit now, so I need to start making use of all these summer heels I selected for my 45!!





No Doubt - Don't Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment