Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'd tell myself, what good do you do?

Happy Early Birthday to the best mom everrrr!!!!  My mom is turning 51 tomorrow, so we started the celebration early today!  How did we celebrate?  By Shopping & Sushi!!!  We started off at my local Winners where my mom got a few tops and I got a new Wallet/Clutch.  This is my first purchase after the 30 for 30 Challenge - sort of hard to go shopping with out a job!

Speaking of which... I GOT A JOB!!!!!  The job I was talking about in my last post made me an offer yesterday morning.  So excited to remain working in the fashion industry!  Now I'm just hoping I will get to attend tradeshows to get free samples and discounts!

After Winners we headed over to Metrotown - which is the biggest mall in BC.  Probably even one of the biggest malls in Canada!  We both got a pair of jeans, and my mom got a new bedroom set for her bed to match her new tealish wall paint.  After lots and lots of shopping, we were in the mood for sushi and headed over to Sushi California.  Originally we were just going to get takeout, but we had so many bags we decided to dine in.  Luckily we got the last table.  We ordered way to much sushi as usual, but it's ok as now I don't need a dinner.

For day 25 of 45 Shoes 45 Days, I wore a pair of black Tommy Hilfiger suede flats.  I also have these shoes in yellow and pink, which I have worn during this challenge.  Today I also wore a pair of Almost Famous jeans, Halo top, Parasuco jacket and a gold scarf.  I know I have been wearing this jacket a lot lately, but it's one of my favorite fall jackets - and it's still to hot for leather I find. 
When we got to California Sushi, we ordered our usual - but I was also curious to try the spicy scallop, spicy tuna & asparagus roll.  I had no idea it would be deep fried.  I really enjoyed this roll, and in case you are wondering about what's on top - it's dried crispy fish flakes.  They tasted better than they sound!  I'm still a huge fan of their double spicy tuna rolls & their sweet mango paradise roll.

I'm off to watch the John Hughes - Some Kind of Wonderful movie now.  I have never seen it, so hope it's good!





No Doubt - It's My Life

1 comment:

  1. cute outfit! and congrats on the new job :)

    x Niki
    A Haute Mess
    ps. There's a giveaway currently going on at A Haute Mess! You can win an amazing cuff bracelet valued at over $100. Not sure if you've entered already but I thought you might be interested :)
    Giveaway posted here xoxo

    ReplyDelete