Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Youths Them A Get So Cold

Jambo Sato!  Actually I am starting to learn my 2nd african kanguage, Kipsigis.  Kipsigis is spoke in the Kericho district in the Rift Valley of Kenya.  I already know a huge amount of swahili, even more than some kenyans I know!  The paroz even think I'm doing great and can't wait to test my language skills in Kenya.  It makes me think if I was on Amazing Race I'd do pretty good with knowing so many languages.  At least the important words everyone needs to know :).  For day 21 of 45 Shoes, 45 Days we snapped some pictures along our stroll to SFU.  It's so nice only having a 20 minute walk to the Burnaby Mountain Lookout.  We hiked some of the trails along Burnaby Mountain.  As we were hiking, I figured it would be a good time to bring out a pair of my white Timberland boots.  I love having a few pairs of timberlands.  They are amazing in winter, or for any summertime hiking.  I also wore an I am Reggae shirt by Ground Up Entertainment.  These shirts were made for the Richie Spice and friends concert, and given to the band, road manager and for myself & other GUP staff.  I was the event coordinator & coniseur for that event.  It's an amazing opportunity to work with the band backstage the whole evening.  One of the best events/concerts I have ever coordinated for sure. 



Richie Spice - Youths are so cold

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool you know Swahili! I can't imagine having to learn another language, maybe I could to Italian or French but a non-romance language would be difficult for me!

    ReplyDelete