Saturday, December 25, 2010

We're all gonna rock, to the rules that I make


 I think one of the highlights of being an event coordinator, is being there to see the joy and happiness, and hear all the compliments about how amazing the event was!  I recently coordinated my staff work party, and it was held at the Coast Coal Harbor hotel.  This was an amazing night.  I don't even know where to start - but my company takes care of it's employees for sure.  Free $89 dinner buffet, free admission for spouse - free open bar for everyone, and prizes galore!!!  I don't think the night could have got any better - oh except that I was co-emcee with Christine, our PR rep - who also did an amazing job!

The day started off with a beautiful morning sunrise over Mount Baker.


Then, myself and the social committee headed over to Nick's Spaghetti house for a lunch meeting.  This was my first time checking out this place, but I heard they have the best Spaghetti and Meatballs in all of Vancouver.  It's also one of the spots' Robin Williams makes sure to frequent when he's in town.  Driving by, you could totally miss it, but it was packed, and I was glad to be there.

Christine recommended we share the salad for 4.  It's one of the simplest salads, but the dressing was amazing.


I shared the lunch special Spinach & Cheese Agnolotti with Penne Sauce.  This was cooked perfectly!  I can see why this place has amazing pasta.


After lunch I headed over to Coast Hotel in Coal Harbor to do set-up for the party.  The hotel took care of the majority of the Set-up, so I just had to organize prizes and games for the evening. 



We had an amazing dinner buffet.

Cold Display
Crisp baby Spinach Salad, creamy citrus dressing, mandarin orange segments, candied pecans, sundried cranberries
Organic baby greens, balsamic vinagrette, shaved candy cane beets
Penne with baby shrimp salad, basil pesto, sundried tomatoes, pitted olives
Yukon gold potato salad, hardbroiled eggs, gherkins, scallions, double smoked bacon

Seafood Display
Steamed Dungeness crab, fennel poached prawns, ponzu marinated BC honey mussels and clams, brandy cocktail sauce, fresh lemons

Entree
Tom turkey roast with chestnut sage stuffing, traditional jus
Slow roasted pork loin stuffed with sundried fruit and ginger, maple grainy dijon jus
Spinach ricotta manicotti, sundried tomato cream sauce, basil oil, shaved asiago
Wild BC salmon, steamed baby bok choy, hoison miso glaze
Brussels sprouts, polonaise with bacon lardon
Boulangieree potatoes, fresh thyme and Italian parsley
Steamed cumin basmati rice pilaf
Artisan bread rolls and butter

Desserts
Cointreau chocolate mousse, mandarin oranges, Yule log decorative cake, Christmas cookies
Traditional warm pudding with vanilla rum sauce
Assorted European gateaux, cheescake and pies
Of course I couldn't trey everything, but here's a look at my plate.


Look who won the first door prize of the night, an authentic BC Lions football autographed by the entire team.


A quick picture from one of the games I organized, the live Christmas tree contest. 


Judging the Live Christmas tree winner was so hard to decide!


We also had some live reggae and rock


I ended up winning 4 Giants tickets to any game in one of the door prizes.


Alice Cooper - Elected

No comments:

Post a Comment