Thursday, January 27, 2011

Big lights will inspire you

My First Dine Out Vancouver 2011!


I love Dine Out Vancouver.  It's only 2 weeks out of the year, and usually falls in January/February - with the exception of last year due to the Olympics.  If you've never been - it's over 1 week left so get on it!

My first place to check out was Aqua Riva with my mom, who is a Celiac, so we opted for Aqua Riva as they had an exciting Gluten Free menu.  It always sucks going out to a restaurant and the only thing you can eat is salad without the dressing.  Thankfully Aqua Riva had a great menu to offer, and only for $28.

They started off with some complementary bread, butter and brushcetta.  I tried one of the focaccia pieces with the bruschetta, and it was warm, fresh and moist.


For our appetizers my mom ordered the gluten free option - Baby Green Salad with Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon and Grilled White and Green Asparagus and Sherry Dijon Vinaigrette.  This was a pretty nice size salad for an appetizer, and I knew they weren't going to skimp on the portions!  It was also nice that they had a tasty salad dressing that was gluten free.


I ordered for my appetizer the Sesame Crusted Scallops with Spinach and Cous Cous Salad and Orange Sesame Vinaigrette.  This was so deelish.  The scallops were cooked perfectly, and I loved the vinaigrette paired with the cous cous.


For our mains my mom had the gluten free option - Ginger Potato Crusted Wild Salmon with Grilled Asparagus Risotto, Corn and Black Bean Salsa and Basil Butter Sauce (minus the potato crust).


I also had the Ginger Potato Crusted Wild Salmon with Grilled Asparagus Risotto, Corn and Black Bean Salsa and Basil Butter Sauce, but with the crust.  Loved this!  Loved how healthy this was, and the salmon was cooked perfectly.  Everything tasted fresh and flavorful, and I was extremely impressed with how well the basil sauce paired with the risotto.  I would totally order this off their regular menu.


For dessert my mom had the Lime Sorbet, as the desserts included were not gluten free.  Still 3 big scoops of tasty sorbet after a filling meal is the way to go.


I had the Banana Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert.  This was so rich yet moist, and I really loved the apricot puree.  It was really intense, so just the slightest amount added the perfect flavor.


All in all, the 3 course meal at Aqua Riva was totally worth the bang, and a great way to start DOV.  I will totally recommend this place to others!


And to top it off, a beautiful stroll around the ports to walk off the meal after.


Jay Z ft Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment