Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If music be the food of love, then laughter be it's queen

Dine Out Vancouver 2011 Dinner #2!


Hello Visit #2 of Dine Out Vancouver 2011!  This makes me love the end of January/Beginning of February in Vancouver even more and not wish I was at the WSA in Vegas, or NYFW in NY..

I met up with Lorraine, Nacho and Yvonne for Rocky Mountain Flatbreads $18 3 course deal.  I wanted to try an $18 deal and see how it compared.  The plus - portions were large, all meats were organic, free range, sulfite and nitrate free.. and all fruits and veggies were from the local farmers market.

I was the last to arrive, but luckilly I had stalked the menu before hand and pretty much knew when I was getting for my entree.  Since they also had daily features for the appetizer and dessert, I was undecided there.  Some of their appetizers sounded amazing like the Fresh Basil, Blackberry, Mango, Organic Greens, Brown Mushrooms and Red Pepper salad.. or their Fig & Goat Cheese salad with Organic Greens, Crunchy Cucumbers, Ripe Tomatoes, Shaved Red Onions & Green Onions.

Myself, and Lorraine and Ignene ended up going with their daily soup - well since it was like 0 degrees outside it just fit - plus it sounded super tasty.  Pureed potato, cauliflower, parsnip and chipotle with pesto and truffle oil, served with flatbread.  This soup was amazing, and I would love to eat it again.  Even the bread was fresh and perfect to dip in.

When it came to our mains, everyone had something different.  I went with the Mexicali - Chocolate tomato chili sauce, red onions, roasted red peppers, marinated cherry tomatoes, jicama root, corn, free range organic chicken, Capriny goat's cheese, herbs. Finished with crème fraiche.  Loved this.  I could even taste the chocolate closer to the crust when it didn't have all th eother ingredients to throw it off.  I especially loved the Jicama Root, as it's not something I eat everyday, and I loved the crunch it packed.  Not your typical Itallian pizza, but if you are down for a different take, this was great!


Lorraine had the Naturally Meaty - Spicy certified organic beef, sulphate free Italian sausage, ripe tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, asiago cheese & fresh herbs.


Nacho had the Parma Ham - Schinken speck (cured ham), brown mushrooms & mango. It is then baked in our Artisan oven & topped with roughly chopped arugula & parmesan.


Yvonne had the BBQ Pulled Pork - BBQ slow roasted all natural pulled pork from Sundance Farm, sliced green peppers, red onions & asiago cheese.


When it came to dessert, Nacho, Yvonne and myself each had the daily feature - Farmers Market Berries baked in Phyllo topped with Organic Ice Cream.  Loved this also, and I also felt healthy eating this!


Lorraine had the house made double warm brownies served with organic vanilla ice cream.


All in all it was a great dinner, especially for $18!

Team Robeez.. Lorraine, Ignacio and Myself.


PS.. haven't the sunrises been killer for all you Vancouver earlybirds.. On my way to work and the sky was on fiyah!!


PPS.. Thought I'd snap a pic of my dinner tonight before I settle in for a movie.. Jerk Salmon salad with all the yummy fixings.


Procol Harum - A Winter Shade of Pale

1 comment:

  1. Mmm everything looks so yummy! We've been out for 2 dine out meals so far with another tomorrow haha.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete