Friday, February 11, 2011

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow I

New Mediterranean spot on Davie


Laziza just opened up last week, but allready it's packed and getting nothing but great reviews.  I was happy to be one of the first bloggers to check it out, and spoke with the Owner Hassan several times that night.  This has got to be one of my go-to spots downtown now, when in the west end.  My mom recommended this place after her party had checked it out on opening night and loved it.  She was on a mission to get me there and blog about it, so I did.

When we were seated, we were served complimentary house made chips and a spicy Ajvar/Salsa.  These were really good, and not overly oily or salty.


I loved how every cocktail/martini on the menu was only $6 - and they used premium ingrendients like Hypnotiq, Grand Marnier, and real fruit nectar and fruits.  They also have $2 beers, and Gluten free Bard's beers for $6.  Yes, for all those gluten-free / celiacs, you now have a spot that serves gluten free beer at a great price in Vancouver.  Also the majority of their menu is gluten free too!  For my cocktail I had the Tigress - Gin, Dry Vermouth, Pomegranate and Fig.  This was strong, but so good!


For appetizers we shared the Baba Ghanouj $4.95- Classic roasted eggplant puree with lemon, tahini, pomegranates, served with grilled pita (and gluten free chips).  This was great, and I loved the pom in it.  The consistency was perfect and very fresh.



We also ordered the Haloumi Cheese $6.95 - with tomato, organic mixed greens and vinaigrette.  This was an amazing salad to start, and I love how the cheese was gently fried, but not greasy or melty.


When it came to the mains my mom and I both went for the Chicken Tiger $14.95 - 4 tiger prawns wrapped in chicken breast, pan roasted with herbs and seasonings and topped with a saffron creme sauce, served with saffron rice and grilled vegetables.  This dish was so fab.  The chicken and prawns were cooked perfectly, the sauce wasn't over powering and the rice tasted amazing.  Even the vegetables were charred perfectly.


After taking a stroll after to dinner, I realized I forgot an outfit shot.. I can't wait for the summer when we will have amazing light, and no more early dark days.


Dennis Brown - Love & Hate

No comments:

Post a Comment