Sunday, February 20, 2011

You came in with the breeze, on sunday morning

Sunday Morning, Brunch at Monks, Stroll through False Creek and Lots of Shopping!


The weather has been super great this weekend, so I decided I'd treat my mom to brunch at Monk McQueens.  I had never gone, and I had heard so many great things about it.  Plus I had an entertainment coupon for it, and I got 1,000 open table dining points!

We had reservations for 11am, and once we were seated the waitress advised us that for all web reservations, you recieve a round of free mimosas.  I was going to order a mimosa anyways, and loved that we each got to have champagne at breakfast for free!

Since we were at an Oyster bar, I knew I had to try an Oyster that I hadn't tried.  Normally I don't have Oysters for breakfast, but I think it's something I could get used to.  The oyster selection changes daily, and I went with the Sinku $3 - served with Ponzu and lemon.  I must say that I really loved the Sinku.  It was very meaty, just the way I like it.



For brunch my mom went with the gluten free omelette $12 with all sorts of veggies, cheese and bacon.  It also came with potatoes and fruit.


For my main, I went with their daily frittata which was Rock Crab with Asiago cheese and veggies with toast, potatoes and fruit.  I loved my frittata!  There was a good amount of cheese and crab, and it was cooked perfectly.  I was surprised they provided so much toast!  This was a super filling and deelish brunch, and I can't wait to come back.


After a wonderful brunch, I was shocked when I got the receipt - in a good day.  After 2 Mimosas, 1 Coffee, 1 Tea, 1 Oyster, and 2 Brunch Entrees, my bill was only $18 + tip!  Another reason why I am totally coming back here again.


This is the amazing view we had while eating.  To the left is the 2 level patio thats open during the summer.


Jacket - BCBG
Shirt - In2U
Faux Leather Pants - Anonymous
Boots - Spring
Bag - Friis
Sunglasses - DVF
Necklace - Gifted



My mom and I also took the Aquabus around False Creek


The water was super green, and we even saw a seastar which is pretty rare this time of the year I think..




It was a beautiful afternoon spent in False Creek




No Doubt - Sunday Morning

1 comment:

  1. Excellent day indeed. Your sea star is a starfish! Told Bryan about it and can't wait to have him join us in June so we can do it all over again!

    ReplyDelete