Saturday, March 26, 2011

Somebody's tryin' to make me stay, You know I've got to keep moving on

Friday Night = Dinner with the girls :)


Friday night I was meeting up with some of my gfs I used to work at Robeez with - and since we all live somewhat in the SFU / Tri-cities area we figured we would meet up at a mutual spot.  Denise suggested Cactus Club, and even though it's a really popular spot in Vancouver and has been around forever - it was only my 3rd time visiting.

Cactus Club does not take reservations, but thankfully we got a table by the bar/lounge right away which was perfect as it was showing the NCAA Kentucky game which they won :)

I was really thinking of getting the duck sandwhich, but I was worried it would be really messy - so I went with the Halibut Soft Tacos - seared cajun halibut, chipotle aioli, shredded green cabbage & salsa fresca for $13.  I also added on a side on crispy yam fries with garlic aioli for $4.

This dish was pretty good.  Not the best fish tacos I have had, but still pretty good, and it had a good amount of Halibut in it.  The Yam fries were also really good.




Denise went with the pesto chicken quesadilla – roasted chicken, blended cheeses, sundried cranberries for $10.25 with a side of yam fries for $4.  Yam fries were the hit of the night.


Tianna went with the gardenburger – grilled veggie patty, sautéed mushrooms, melted aged cheddar for $13.75 and subbed for yam fries for $1.50.  She also got a side of JD BBQ sauce for $1.10.


Aileen ordered the twice braised pineapple ginger short rib – boneless short rib basted in a pineapple ginger glaze with shiitake mushrooms, spicy soy bean sauce, mashed potatoes, and sugar snap peas for $23.  She loved this, and the mushrooms looked really good!


Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the Yam fries. They were so yummy. We should meet up the weekend of April 16th.

    ReplyDelete