Saturday, March 12, 2011

Too experienced for someone to rock and roll

California Sushi Saturday!


My moms friend Marianne wanted to take us out for lunch for coordinating her last Altzheimer Benefit concert, so my mom suggested California Sushi.

Last time I went here was with Derek during my horrible tobiko incident - so I stayed clear of Tobiko this time.  I started off with Oshitashi $3.50 (Spinach Salad with Ponzu Sauce).  I was thinking of going for Gomae, but decided I should try something I've never had.  It was fresh, and the green onions balanced it out.  I've actually been making a point to eat spinach everyday for the past week, and it's something I don't think I could ever get tired of, as there are so many fun ways to use it.

My moms friend Marianne ordered the Gomae for $3.25 (Spinach Salad with Sesame Paste).


My mom ordered the Edamame for $2.95, which was also cooked perfect - although I think they used regular table salt and not the rock sea salt crystals.


I ordered the Ebi Sunomono $3.25.  I hadn't had this dish in a while, and something about all the ingredients together I just love.


I also ordered my go-to dish - the Double Spicy Tuna Roll for $3.95.  I don't think I could ever get tired of this roll.


Marianne ordered the Prawn & Yam tempura for $7.50.  She said it was really lightly firned and not oily.  I also learned that 7-up is used in making tempura batter.


Marianne also ordered the Spicy Agedashi Tofu dish for $3.50.  This looked really good, and I want to try this next time.  The spicy sauce was at the bottom of the bowl, that the tofu could be dipped into.


My mom went with her typical rolls - Avocade Roll $2.95 & Snoked Salmon Cream Cheese Roll without the crabmeat for $3.95.  Wonderful lunch to celebrate the hard work put into the charity event.


Ps - Barrington Levy is coming to town this monday!  Sadly I doubt I will be there, but I will be at a reggae concert next saturday!

Barrington Levy - Too Experienced

No comments:

Post a Comment