Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cause it's a lazy afternoon

Burnaby Heights offers one of the best French Onion soups in Vancity!


Chez Meme Baguette Bistro is my go-to french place when I'm at work.  Sadly, they are only open m-f until 3pm and one saturday a month - which means I will only get a chance to visit on my lunch break.  The good - it is totally worth it.  This is a small place that is always packed and has the most amazing french food.

I came with my coworkers Jeff and Steve, and normally we get takeout - but I insisted we dine in as I really wanted the french onion soup and wasn't about to order take out.  Since I was so demanding about my soup, we all dined in and ordered it.

I had the From'ton $8.25 + $3 upgrade for french onion soup.  The From'ton had brie cheese, warmed pears and toasted walnuts.  This was amazing and I loved how everything went great together.  It was a generous amount of brie for sure!  I totally got my daily cheese mix which is great as cheese is my chocolate.


Jeff went with the Jarret $10.25 + $3 French Onion upgrade.  The Jarret had lamb shanks, roasted garlic jam and grainy dijon.  He's had this before and really loves it.


Steve went with the Nordique $9.25 + $3 French Onion upgrade.  The Nordique had smoked salmon, red onion, cucumbers & lemon dill cream cheese.

The only person that managed to eat all their food was Jeff, and I got half of my baguette to go and gave it to one of my french coworkers.  He also loved it.  We all agreed the french onion soup is one of the best we have ever tried in vancouver.  I can't wait to go back for more.


Here's some pictures of the takeout Jeff and I got last.

I ordered the Ratatouille for $8.75 that came with the soup de jour.  The Ratatouille came with roasted peppers, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, goat cheese, caramelized onions and pistou.  This was so amazing for a vegetarian baguette - and was also the first time I had ratatouille on a baguette.


Jeff had the Bourguignon for $10.25 with the soup de jour.  The had boneless beef short ribs, caramelized onions and horseradish. 


The Roots - Lazy Afternoon

1 comment:

  1. The french onion soup looks sooooooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete