Monday, April 25, 2011

Sadie dry your tears, I will be the one

Easter in Gibsons with my Grandma and Mom!


Hope everyone had an amazing Easter weekend!  I had a fantastic one.  Thursday actually started off with a wonderful stroll down Coal Harbor & along the Seawall checking out the city lights, the stars and even an otter!  It was actually pretty amazing.  The tide was in pretty close, so the otter was actually able to climb onto the seawall and grab whatever it was looking for.  We saw the otter come up and down a set of stairs connecting the seawall to the ocean twice, and swim along the seawall where we walked.  It was such a beautiful moment.  It was also a wonderful stroll as it was pretty empty as everyone in Vancouver seemed to be elsewhere watching the Canucks get massacred.

Come friday I was Gibsons bound to see my amazing grandma!  It was the first Easter since my grandpa passed, and I didn't want my grandma to be alone so I hit up Gibsons to spend some quality time with her, and also my aunt Heather and cousin Erin!  It was such a gorgeous day for my trip, and I got to see a bald eagle.  Actually I got to see 3 bald eagles during my trip, a seal, and even a dear ran in front of Erins car on our way to Chaster Beach.  Thankfully we didn't hit it!


After catching up with my grandma and Heather and doing some shopping, we headed over to Sechelt for my grandmas favorite buffet.  Normally I'm not a buffet fan, but my grandma loves this place and has ordered catering from them on several occasions. 


My grandma got to have her favorite pork on a stick, my Aunt got to have her sweet and sour pork, where I was more about their spicy prawns and calamari.


Along the way home we stopped at a childhood favorite spot, Davis Bay.  This is where we saw the seal!  I speant many days on this beach since I can remember, and I always feel blessed when I get to visit it.


After a filling dinner, and a wonderful visit to Davis Bay, my grandma and I spent the evening going through her box of cards and drawings that my brother & I had made for them over the years.  I can't even begin to describe how much fun it was to see some of the drawings and cards we had made.  It's amazing to see how you interpret life over the years.

The following day my cousin Erin stopped by and we hit up Chaster Creek (where we saw a deer).  This place is another one of my favorite child hood spots.  It brings back so many memories sailing boats we made, swinging on rope swings, snorkelling, playing in our orange innertubes, playing can't touch the ground by jumping from log to log, picking blackberries and wild apples, skateboarding along the side of road, and eating pizza on the beach with orange soda.  After Chaster, Erin & I hit up Starbucks and then Molly's Lane for some Vintage shopping.  So much fun!

After heading back to my grandmas, my mom joined us shortly after.  We ended up checking out Gramma's Pub.  Our last visit to Gramma's Pub the food was excellent.  This visit the food was also up to par, even if the service wasn't.  Our waitress we saw having a cigarette before delivering our food :( and we were also seated on the patio where a party of about 10 people were so drunk and foul, that they were knocking drinks over and even fell out of their chairs and knocked over tables.  Sadly the staff seemed to ignore it.  Thankfully, the manager Mark is making it up to us personally on our next visit, with a wonderful dining experience and meals on the house :)

I ordered the Soft Shell Fish Tacos $13.95 with house battered fresh halibut, house slaw, roast cashews, sliced mango with a lime coconut dipping sauce and side salad.  This dish was amazing.  I was so full, and surprised at the generous portion for only $13.95, especially with the huge amount of Halibut!  Everything on this dish was fresh and tasty.


Mark had adavised us that they have lots of Gluten Free dishes, but our waitress and kitchen staff didn't seem to know what dishes were Gluten free, and Mark wasn't working that day.  My mom ended up ordering the BC Salmon Spinach Salad for $13.95 with Grilled BC salmon, bacon, shaved eggs, mushrooms, tomato and a honey-balsamic vinaigrette.  She really enjoyed this dish, and it had a piece of Salmon!


My grandma ended up going for the Salisbury Steak $11.95 with a flame broiled ground chuck patty, topped with grilled onions and asparagus served with mashed potatos and gravy.  My grandma really enjoyed this dish and it was cooked well done the way she liked it.


After a filling late lunch/early dinner we strolled along the marina where we used to go fishing.










After a wonderful 2 days in Gibsons, I headed back to Vancouver.  Can't wait for my next trip to Gibsons!






The Black Keys - Strange Times

1 comment:

  1. Gibsons looks nice! I'm thinking of visiting there this summer:)

    ReplyDelete