Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sometimes a lie is the best thing

Monday Dosas - $5.99


I had been meaning to go to House of Dosas forever on a monday since 2 of my friends swear by this place.  House of Dosas is open 24 hours 7 days a week and monday is probably their most popular day as all dosas are $5.99.

I went with my gf Lorraine and we each decided to go for the Prawn Vindaloo dosa which normally is $12.99.

I had seen pictures before, so you know you are going to get a huge crepe - but still when it arrived I was amazed at the size.  It also came with 2 chutneys - a spicy one, and one that had coconut hairs in it.  Both were great to balance out the dosa if I wanted it spicier or more refreshing.  It also came with a Lentil mustard seed soup which was great to dip the crepe in, and also to eat by itself.


Probably about 3/5th of the crepe was filled, and the filling was very generous with the abundance of prawns.  Next visit I think I'm going to go with the eggplant or crab curry dosas.


Tracy Chapman - Telling Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment