Monday, May 30, 2011

She lets her hair down, she lets her body down

Birthday Post!


Happy 27th birthday to me!  I had an amazing birthday weekend.. It started on friday at work with my coworkers.  I was busy steaming clothes all day for a photoshoot on monday, so I really had no idea they were planning a surprise celebration filled with a yummy tuxedo cake!  They also decorated my office with streamers and balloons, and my close coworkers decided to give me some gifts.  Jeff gave me my first bday bubbly (virgin champage aka coke zero, and a napkin with a purple monkey).  Greg gave me a really long zipper.  Jessie gave me a pack of Klenex.  Dominic gave me one stick of gum.  Steve gave me a pack of brown sugar, a stir stick, and staples.  Thanks guys!  Don't I have amazing coworkers!


After a fun friday at work, I headed over to Robson to meet up with Smokey and her gfs to Sephora to pick up my free bday gift, and then to Moxies for dinner.  I started off with a white peach bellini.


Smokey, Isah, Nicole and myself were waiting for Aida and her friend, so we ordered some Calamari to share to start.  I had their Calamari before at their West Broadway location.


For our mains I went with the Chipotle Mango chicken grilled with a sweet & smoky dry rub, fresh mango, served with jasmine rice, seasonal vegetables & a fresh tomato & avocado salsa.  Normally I don't order chicken too often at restaurants, but it had been a while since I had chicken, and this one looked really good.  It was a pretty big portion too as it was 2 pieces on breasts.


Here are some pictures of the other dishes ordered.










Smokey and Isabelle both got dessert too.


Us ladies at dinner!


After dinner, we headed over to the concert for Love & Soul which was amazing!




It wasn't just a concert, but it also had live paintings, DJs, drumming, and a fun photobooth!




The concert had some amazing artists like Lydia Christine, David Morin and Randy Ponzio.





video



video

Of course we had to take a few pics in their photobooth!





Thanks to Smokey and her lovely ladies for the amazing start to my birthday weekend.  And also for the amazing happy birthday song that was sung to me as we strolled down hastings after midnight.


Come saturday, it's my actual birthday!  I started off celebrating at the Whitecaps game.  We tied, but I have a feeling if Thierry Henry was there, we would of lost horribly.  I also would of been cheering for Henry is he was there, and not the Whitecaps.









video

Hannah gave me the most amazing new tea collection to try! 


After a fun day at Empire Stadium, I headed over to Aqua Riva for my birthday dinner :)


Sadly, Aqua Riva is closing end of June, but I'm glad I got to check it out at least once more before it's shut down!  They have a great 3 course deal going on right now too!

I started off with the Lobster Bisque with tarragon cream.  I have never tried it before, and always wanted too.  It was really good!


My date went with the Baby Spinach Salad with Roasted Beets and Pears, toasted pecans and raspberry vinaigrette.


For our mains we both went with the Potato Fennel crusted Wild Sockeye Salmon with tomato chili salsa, parmesan polenta fries and lemon basil vinaigrette.  This was really good too.  I've never had polenta fries either before, and they were really tasty.  The salmon was great, and I liked the variety of veggies.


For dessert I had the double chocolate bread pudding with rum caramel sauce.  I only had a few bites of this as I was so full, but it was really rich and tasty.


My date went with the Banana Chocolate Mouse Cake with white chocolate raspberry ganache.

I had such an amazing saturday night with my date & he even brought me the most gorgeous boquet of lillies!


After an amazing friday & saturday, sunday morning I met up with my mom for a fun carriage ride through Stanley Park.  I visit Stanley Park all the time, but I actually learned alot on the ride, like Douglas Fir tries can withstand forest fires, some trees in the park are around 800 years old, and Sulfur is mostly used for fertalizer.




After our fun carriage ride, we headed over to Las Margaritas for lunch.  My mom and I each had a raspberry/lime margarita.  These were so tasty!


I love their complimentary chips and salsa!


We also each ordered their Vegetarian Fajitas for $13.50 which was way too much food!  One of these dishes could easilly feed 2 people.  Neither one of us could finish it.  It was amazing, and I would so order this again!


After lunch, we headed over to Vanier Park to see the Munin Viking Ship!








Sadly, their battery was dead, and we would of had to wait forever for the next sail, so we took off and just spent some time in Vanier Park on the beach.




I also learned that geese eat flowers!


Thanks to all my friends, family and coworkers for making me feel truly blessed!  I had the most amazing birthday weekend!

Incase you are wondering how the photoshoot went on monday, it involved some champs!  Superbowl, CFL and XFL champs!  I must say trying on their rings was pretty exciting!


Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time

1 comment: