Saturday, June 25, 2011

She will find her place in the sun and she'll fly

Hello Summer!


Tuesday was the first day of summer, and although it was a work day.. I hit the seawall right after to soak up the sun.  It was so gorgeous outside!


It's always so beautiful to see animal families!




Even Lost Lagoon was looking gorgeous.


After building up an appetite, my mom & I joined Diana at Sanafir for a late dinner.  Check out their beautiful Star Anise aromatic cocktail with Bombay Saphire, Star Anise syrup, Star Anise & sugar rim.


For my dinner I ordered 2 tapas.  Since it was tuesday, all of their food was 50% off :)  I ordered their chicken & poached egg white salad (no chorizo) with caramelized onions & a paprika honey vinaigrette for $4.  I had never tried this dish, but my coworker Jeffrey got it on his last visit and said I would love it.  He was right!


I also went with the Grilled Octopus with crushed potato, mussels, chilies, cauliflower & olive oil (no chorizo) for $4.  This dish was so amazing too!  The octopus was so tasty, and I really enjoyed it grilled.  I think it had a bit of a light citrus taste to it.


My mom & Diana both ordered the Tandoori Prawns with chickpea and arugula salad for $4.


My mom also ordered the Quinoa Salad with roasted root vegetables, & a roasted garlic balsamic vinaigrette for $4.


Tracy Chapman - She's Got Her Ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment