Saturday, September 17, 2011

Your servants have burned all their songs

Moms 52nd Bday Celebration!


My mom just turned 52, so how did we celebrate - by having amazing food and drinks at Q4 in Kitts and watching Thievery Corporation at the Malkin Bowl.


We ordered some organic malbec, and pinot gris while my mom laughed at my horrible sunburn I got from the Lions game on the weekend.  I swear it isnt as bad as it looks!


Since it was monday, I took advantage of their $10 pasta night and ordered Linguine Frutti di Mare - Linguine with fresh daily seafood in a white wine, sundried tomato cream with peas.  The daily seafood happened to be prawns.  The pasta was amazing, like always.



The reason I picked Q4 to treat my mom to on her birthday, was that they actually have gluten free pasta on the menu.  Since she has never had gluten free pasta in a restaurant before, she was super excited to finally have it!


My mom ordered Penne Vegetariano $19.95 - Penne with extra virgin olive oil, onions, fava beans, cherry tomatoes and artichokes in a lemon infused tomato sauce.  She added prawns to this dish, and loved it.  It's so great that Q4 has gluten free pasta on their menu!


For dessert, I called in prior to find out what gluten free desserts they have, and pre-ordered us both panacotta, with a candle on my moms.  They brought it out shortly after we finished our pasta.  My mom had never tried panacotta before, and was so glad to have a new gluten free dessert!




Thanks to Q4 for making sure my mom had a fabulous birthday!!

The next day we had tickets to see Thievery Corporation at the Malkin Bowl!  This is the 2nd time I've seen a concert with my mom.  The first time, was when Cher and Cyndi Lauper came to town and Cyndi stood right beside us to sing :)






Los Amigos Invisibles opened up and they were freakin amazing! I remember Nacho always playing them in his car, so I actually recognized a few of their songs. I loved the lead guitarist, and also the sexy keyboarder shaking his booty everywhere, and doing the limbo underneath his keyboard.  They had the crowd going crazy, and even the crowd wanted an encore!



And then Thievery Corporation came on!  They had a total of 7 different lead singers that night, and they were so amazing.  I love the talent and the variety.  Everything from jazz, to soul, to reggae, to hiphop.  I would totally see these guys again!

Enjoy the pictures and videos below from their Malkin Bowl visit.


















































Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon

No comments:

Post a Comment