Wednesday, October 5, 2011

California, here we come

Good to be back in Cali, how I've missed you.


I've always been a Cali girl, ever since I can remember.  If I was american, I would move there in a heartbeat.  Or even if I got a job opportunity, or some other chance to move there, I would.  In 2003 I spent pretty much my entire spring/summer in Huntington Beach, and I had been meaning to go back forever.  I was glad to be back in So Cal, this time Venice Beach.  I had been to Venice Beach lots before, and since this time I wasn't staying at a friends house, I figured it would be super convenient.  After all it had the beaches, the eye candy, the shopping, the clubs.. Venice has it all.









Although my camera was dying, I managed to capture a quick video of some of the dolphin pods we saw.  A bunch of them were swimming with some surfers.


After spending the day at the beach, I built up an appetite and headed over to my local restaurant (and by local I mean right downstairs).  Figtree's cafe was so amazing, and I dined there when ever I was in Venice throughout my trip.  They have a great heated patio, and live indie music of talented Cali musicians.  Also, the majority of their food is organic, and they don't have any beef or pork on the menu, and lots of turkey, which is perfect for me!

For my first night I got the turkey bacon burger for $13.55 char-grilled turkey burger w/ turkey bacon (all natural), arugula, red onions, fresh tomatoes on la brea sesame bun with organic greens salad.  I knew I wanted this dish as soon as I saw it, as I have never seen turkey bacon on a menu before!  The burger was sooo good!



My mom went with the fig chips for $7.35 - corn tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, salsa.  Their guacamole was so incredible!  Definately our mexican chef knew what he was doing!



Phantom Planet - California

No comments:

Post a Comment