Saturday, October 8, 2011

i can't be there with you, but i can dream

My bro's last dinner in Vancouver


Who would of thought you would take someone who hates seafood to the Salmon House.  Well since they don't just have seafood, I knew Bryan would like it.  One of my brothers friends since childhood, John, joined us for dinner too.

Mom - "Bryan, lets take a nice picture".  Bryan "One with faces!"


Bryan and John were not expecting the bread to come with pureed white bean spread, which was not really in their simple palate, which meant more for me.  Normally I don't really eat complimentary bread, but I had skipped lunch and was starving.


The Salmon House has a 3 course deal going on for the month of October for $29 that everyone except for John ordered from.

My mom and I each started with the manhattan seafood chowder.  I was craving something like soup or chowder all day, so it didn't really matter to me what else was offered on the menu for an appy, as long as they had a soup like dish that didn't have meat.


My bro went with the caseser salad, which was a given since the other 2 dishes had seafood, and he's obsessed with caeser salads.


John ordered off their regular menu and got the Smoked Sockeye Salmon Wrapped Scallops - Asparagus Salad, Wonton Crisp, Orange Coffee Vinaigrette $15.00.  Those looked really good!
 

For my main I went with the alderwood grilled seafood risotto with wild salmon, halibut and prawns, baby vegetable saute and honey lemon sauce.  I loved this dish, and even though you can't see it, there was a pretty large portion of risotto barried underneath my seafood.


My mom went with the gluten free version of the rib eye steak with bacon mashed potatoes, sweet corn and black bean salsa and peppercorn jus.


My bro got the same dish but with the onion rings.


John ordered their Steamed Dungeness Crab - Saute of Haricot Vert & Cashews, Chilies & Shallot, Roasted Garlic Butter Sauce $50.


For dessert everyone except my mom got the pumpkin new york cheesecake with apple and rhubarb compote and white chocolate sauce.  The compote was more bitter than sweet, which balanced out the dish from the sweetness of the white chocolate.


It was good to have one last family dinner at an amazing restaurant with a fantastic view.




See you in 5 months Bry!!

Frank Ocean - There Will Be Tears

1 comment:

  1. Yum at all that! Hope the next 5 months will fly past:)

    ReplyDelete