Saturday, January 28, 2012

We rely on the past and special moments that last

#DOV #4 at The Irish Heather!


I actually won tickets through Vancouverfoodster.com on twitter for 2 to The Irish Heather followed by Hot Pepper + Air Conditioner + The Farewell Speach at the Push Festival.

I brought my gf Cheri - and on our way to The Irish Heather we met Owen Wilson!  Well he road his bicycle in circles around us while we were is Starstruck mode.  After he left, we went into The Irish Heather & joined their LTS with everyone else going to the play.  Their $18 menu was very similar to The Salt Tasting Room as they shared the same appys and desserts.  I went with the same appy I had at Salt the Curried Root Vegetable Soup with Sour Cream, 'Picker Shack' Apple Compote.  I think I liked it better at Salt, as it came with the flatbread.

For my entree I went with the mushroom pot pie handmade in the bakery and served with a side of fresh cut fries.  The pot pie was pretty good, but I prefer a creamier one.
 

For my dessert I ordered the lemon sponge cake which was pretty good.  I prefered it served in a jar rather than how they served it at Salt.


Sade - Never As Good As The First Time

1 comment:

  1. where's the bad quality blurry photo of Owen Wilson!?

    he did a great job in midnight in paris..or it was just a good movie (not sure which)

    ReplyDelete