Monday, February 6, 2012

when two hearts beat together, it's like an everlasting song

#DOV #5 and new Luxebox!


I love recieving my monthly Luxebox in the mail!!  And this time I recieved 2!!  It contained everything from coffee to purfume, to moisturizers.


I think my favorite was my new mink eyelashes valued at $62!!


I also went out for my Dine Out Vancouver dinner #5.  I think this one was my favorite of all 5 I attended.


I dined with my bestie Derek & his wifey Amanda, and we all ordered the C & F wine pairings with our meal.  What I loved is that they could accomodate my white wine only wish, which Salt Tasting Room would not do.


We started off with some Redwood Oysters.  Amanda & I upgrated to 1/2 dozen, and Derek upgraded to a dozen.


My next course was the manilla clams with saffron broth, which Derek also ordered.  It was very light, and a bit floral.  It reminded me of elegant food :)


Amanda had the salmon ceviche.


For the next course, Derek & I both ordered the pan seared snapper with carrot & ginger puree.  This was cooked to perfection.  I loved the light sear, and the carrot ginger along with our wine pairing balanced the snapper amazingly.


Amanda had the slow braised beef short ribs.


As it was a 3 course savoury meal, we all ended up ordering desserts off their regular menu for $8 each




Dennis Brown - Love Has Found Its Way

No comments:

Post a Comment