Saturday, March 10, 2012

The weekend's here and it's time to play

A Glowbal Affair!


Last weekend I went to Sanafir for a surprise bday party for one of my besties.  We lounged in the daybeds upstairs, had amazing cocktails & dee-lish tapas.  Sadly I forgot my camera :(  After collecting my first passport stamp at Sanafir, my 2nd stop was Glowbal on thursday with fellow foodie Grace.  We dined on their warm patio, and ordered a bottle of Mission Hills Pinot Grigio to start. 

Grace ordered the Short Rib & Fried oyster satays, and I ordered the Caprese appetizer.  It was my first time trying Caprese at Glowbal, as I had only had it at Society before.  I loved Glowbals version of it.  The burrata cheese, and fresh pesto was really good.

For my main I ordered their Ahi Tuna.  I have always loved Ahi Tuna at Glowbal, and they come perfectly seared.  The seasoning blended well too.


Grace ordered the Trout.  We were told it would have head & tail, but only came with the tail.  We were both impressed with this dish, especially the skin - as it remained crunchy.


Friday night Ignacio & I went to Society to collect my 3rd passport stamp.  We grabbed a cute booth in the corner of their heated patio and both ordered their daily feature drink - a High Society cocktail.  It had vodka, blackberry & raspberry puree topped with cranberry juice and cotton candy.  I also had my favorite Candy Collins cocktail!



We shared their signature appetizer plater :)  Perfect way to start the weekend!


The Weekend - Dave Hollister

No comments:

Post a Comment