Sunday, September 9, 2012

I came from a land skirted by ocean and sand

Mexico Fest Weekend!


Friday night I met up with Jorge, Diane & Andres with our intentions of going to th Lamplighter for their happy hour of $6 for beer and wings.  However, apparently they do not accept Mexican passports for ID so we couldnt get in.  Second option was the Cambie - and again - same problem.  Is there like an abundance of fake Mexican passports going on in Vancouver right now for us not being able to get in?

Anyways - Andres suggested Malones and yes!  Finally a place with no ID problems :)  I had never been here before, and really loved the vibe.  Music was great with everything from current Alabama Shakes and The Sheepdogs to my fave Jimmy Eat World track I used to play on my way to the surf in Huntington Beach.

We shared some wings, (maple chipotle, bbq and hot), a poutine and 3 pitchers.. then headed off to a house party!











Next day, I met up with my buddy Neil to go watch the Lions game!  We had the craziest fans behind us filled with face paint, helmets & huge flags they would taunt the solo MTL fan with.  However they gave us free beer while they kept calling Neil, Bob Marley.  We destroyed MTL with a 43-10 victory! 



Afterwards, Neil & I strolled over to the Mexico Fest happening in Coal Harbor and had Pina Coladas - well I had the colada and Neil had the pineapple.


Then I met up with Jorge, Andres & Diane where we checked out the rest of the festival, had some tacos, and shopped.  Apparently they had argentina lesbian movies in the same bin as spanish Barney.  We watched a beautiful sunset, and I called it a night.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!







The One You Belong To - The Sheepdogs

1 comment:

  1. Poutine?!?! I thought that was only legal in Canada!!!!!


    Just kidding. Sort of.

    Also: that pic of your friend being scooted on the little toy car thing is priceless.

    ReplyDelete