Sunday, January 27, 2013

Edible Canada - 3rd dine out Vancouver dinner

Third Dine Out Vancouver of 2013!


Ken and I went to Edible Canada for our 3rd DOVF dinner with Nacho and his date.  The first thing that I noticed was that every single draft beer was the same price for a pitcher!  This was great, so Ken and I started with a pitcher of Fat Tug IPA.

For our appys, the ladies each had the spice rubbed albacore tuna belly, and the boys had kettle ridge veal bone marrow with bacon.

When it came time for our mains, the boys had the grangeland leg of elk, Rahgen had the coast mountain mushroom tarte with fried hens egg, and I had the Canadian east coast fish pie with oceanwise seafood..  We also had the in between cheese course which was a chevre with brioche french toast.

We wrapped it up with some granville island tea company chai brulee, and some warm chocolate brownies.

I really enjoyed that they focused on local, organic seasonal ingredients - and had the most unique menu I had seen in a while.







No comments:

Post a Comment