Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yew - second DOVF of 2013

Second Dine Out Vancouver of 2013 at Yew in the Four Seasons!


I had never been to Yew before, even though I have stayed in the Four Seasons a few times before.  I must say, I was completely blown away by the service and food!

We went on a sunday, which meant all bottles of wine were 50% off!  Ken chose the bottle of Riesling, and we recieved the best complimentary bread ever - smoked salmon scones, and sea salt rosemary.  This was the best complimentary bread I have ever had.

For our appys, Ken had the seared scallops with cranberry, blueberry and balsamic preserve.  I had the albacore tuna sashimi.  Both were very delicate, the way seafood should be, and carefully prepared.

For our mains, Ken had the beef tenderloin with lobster mash and seared foie gras.  I had the lobster and saffron risotto.  It was Kens first time trying foie gras, and he really enjoyed it, along with his perfectly cooked steak.  My risotto was to die for.  I had never tried saffron with lobster before, and it was a perfect pair.

Lastly, we ended with a nanaimo bar, and an upside down apple and quince cake.  We were extremely full, because we wanted to eat it all - little did we know, that they would also provide us with take home breakfast power cookies!  It was perfect, because all we could do, was think about Yew the next morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment